The role has accountability for developing and sustaining relationships with a number of our key distributors. He develops and drives strategy and plans with distributors, has direct performance responsibility and a strong focus on working with distributors to develop the capability within their organisations. Distribution Manager is also accountable for leading the Distributor team and developing and driving plans with strategic Wholesalers/Stockists.
The role holder needs to build alignment across a number of Distributor partners and with a wide range of stakeholders, leading significant change through the distributor networks as well as the wider organisation.
This role is instrumental to ensuring that our brands are available at “arms reach” across our targeted channels. Accountabilities will include:
- The role holder will be instrumental in causing this transformation across our customers by applying in depth knowledge of the operation of our Distributor partners, and creating mutually beneficial relationships to deliver business growth.
- Deepening and broadening coaching capability, in particular by acting as a coach and advisor to our Distributor Partners and their teams.
- A strong 8 – 12-year track record in sales and distribution at a management level ideally with experience in at least two areas in the Sales function including customer or distributor facing roles.
- Good commercial understanding, P&L literacy, strong numerical skills, a high level of computer literacy and previous experience of financial/data are important.
- In-depth of knowledge Selling and Distributor Management
- Previous experience of managing/leading teams either directly or indirectly and a strong track record as a coach. Able to set a vision and inspire our distributor partners. Able to build true partnerships with distributors and internally with other functions.
- Experience of working within and or with other functions and a track record of delivering results through cross functional teams, particularly marketing, supply and corporate relations is critical.
- Supported by a business orientated professional or academic qualification
If the position is of interest to you, send your CV to email@example.com indicating your current salary before 24th August 2011.